UOCAVA Election Notice for the April 30th, 2019 Special Congressional Primary Election in Beaufort County, NC is now available on our Website
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act or “UOCAVA” requires states to allow certain voters who are absent from their county of residence to have special rights that provide an expedited means for them to register and vote by mail-in absentee ballot. In order to qualify under the provisions of UOCAVA in this state, a voter must be a legal resident of North Carolina. Citizens covered by UOCAVA include:
- A member of the active or reserve components of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard of the United States who is on active duty.
- A member of the Merchant Marine, the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service, or the commissioned corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration of the United States.
- A member of the National Guard or State militia unit who is on activated status.
- A spouse or dependent of a uniformed services member as listed above.
- U.S. citizens residing outside the United States.
For more information for UOCAVA Voters, please visit the State Board of Elections website by clicking HERE.
Beaufort County, North Carolina’s UOCAVA Notice for the April 30th, 2019 Special Congressional Election can be viewed or downloaded from the following link: